If you’re a consumer looking for information about fresh produce, click here.
In these unprecedented times, we’ve created this resource to help the fresh produce industry and supply chain partners address commonly asked questions, and resources that can help keep you and your business informed.
Financial Relief/CARES Act
This page includes information on Congressional acts and related programs that provide financial relief to the produce industry. It also details PACA (Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act) considerations.
Labor, and Worker Health and Safety Resources
This page addresses concerns related to H-2A visas, what to do if an employee tests positive, social distancing within operations, and Family Medical Leave considerations.
Promoting Fresh Produce Purchases and Consumption
Here you’ll find information of interest to schools and feeding programs, including government purchasing programs.
Transportation and Supply Chain Resources
Information related to food and ag as part of the “critical infrastructure” and “essential employee” designations, as well as relief from select Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements, are included here.
Produce Safety and Quality Implications
This page includes resources related to 3rd party food safety audits, government quality inspections, and federal food safety inspections, and more.
Additional General Resources:
- USDA Continues Focus on Service During COVID-19 Outbreak: view Secretary Perdue’s video statement
- Additional USDA resources can be found on their website.
- Business and Infrastructure partners are invited to access the FEMA NBEOC dashboard here.
- The World Health Organization has a Question and Answer page on COVID-19.
- The CDC website contains general and other useful information regarding COVID-19. It has the latest number of cases, how to protect yourself from illness and what to do if you are sick.
- State and Local COVID-19 Response Information