USDA Produce Inspection Training
2021 Dates to Come | Fredericksburg, VA
If you receive, handle, buy, ship or sell produce, this course has been handcrafted for you!
The United Fresh Produce Inspection Training Program, in partnership with the USDA-AMS, affords substantive, hands-on instruction from U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) experts to anyone involved in the produce supply chain – grower to retailer. If you receive, handle, buy, ship, or sell produce this course will help you become more proficient and knowledgeable about quality control standards, inspection grading, USDA produce procedures and requirements, and much more!
This specialized training program is developed into three courses: Fundamentals of Produce Inspection, Commodity Labs, and Personalized Facility Training.
- The Fundamentals Course* is a two-day classroom-based course that covers essential knowledge, terminology, and practical information that anyone who handles produce must know.
- The 3-day Commodity Labs Course applies the principals learned in the Fundamentals Course to real product inspections. USDA experts show hands-on examination of a range of different commodities.
- The Personalized Facility Produce Inspection Training is designed specifically for companies wishing to train the entire team on-site at their facility. USDA experts will travel to your facility and train a team of up to 12 employees both with Fundamentals information and hands on commodity labs training.
What You Will Experience
Fundamentals of Produce Inspection* (Days 1 & 2)
- Interpretation of Standards and Tolerances
- FV-237 Request Form
- GAP and GHP Overview
Perishable Agriculture Commodities Act (PACA)
General Market Inspection Principles
- Sampling Procedures
- Lot Accessibility
- Equipment Overview
- How to Read the FV-300
- Appeal Procedures & Re-inspections
- Lab Demonstration
Types of Inspections
- Quality and Condition
- Condition Only
- Net Weight and Size
- Digital Imaging
*Prerequisite to Commodity Labs
Commodity Labs (Days 3, 4 & 5)
In this three-day Commodity Lab, you will apply the principles learned in the Fundamentals of Produce Inspection to real product inspections. USDA experts will demonstrate a hands-on examination on a range of commodities.
Commodity Inspections Include Five Standard Commodities:
Additional commodity examinations are customized to the class’ most common requests. Up to 12 commodities are examined.
Personalized Facility Produce Inspection Training
Bring USDA training to your own facility! For details on this opportunity, contact United Fresh’s Vice President, Education and Program Management, Amanda Griffin at 202.303.3412.
2020 Registration & Pricing
|Fundamentals of Inspection*||$895.00||United Fresh Members|
|Fundamentals of Inspection*||$1,095.00||Non-Members|
|Full Course||$1,925.00||United Fresh Members|
|Group Discount||$1,825.00||United Fresh Members (3+ Registrants for Full Course)|
|Group Discount||$2,225.00||Non Member Group Discount (3+ Registrants for Full Course)|
*Attendees must attend the Fundamentals Course as a pre-requisite to the Commodity Labs
Hotel & Travel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
560 Warrenton Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Note, this hotel provides free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.
The training center is located in Fredericksburg, VA (approximately 1 hour driving distance from Washington, DC and 1 hour driving distance from Richmond, VA). The three major airports are:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) – 52 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) – 61 miles
- Richmond International Airport (RIC) – 65 miles
Please note, attendees will need to provide own transportation to and from the airport, as well as the training center each day.
*Note, the Fundamentals Course is a prerequisite to attending the Commodity Labs.
If you have any questions, or to be notified when the dates are set, contact United Fresh’s Vice President, Education and Program Management, Amanda Griffin at 202.303.3412