Retail Produce Manager Awards Program
The 2017 Retail Produce Manager Awards Program
Honoring the Best of the Produce Industry’s Front Line
The United Fresh Retail Produce Manager Awards Program pays special recognition to produce managers on the front lines in supermarkets working every day to increase sales and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
United Fresh Produce Association will honor 25 of the industry’s top retail produce managers for their commitment to fresh produce, innovative merchandising, community service and customer satisfaction.
Nominate a Produce Manager today! All nominations are due by January 6, 2017.
Why Should You Participate?
This program serves to honor produce managers who are making a difference and setting the standards of excellence in the produce department.
- You’re saying to the produce industry, “This person is your advocate! Let’s recognize them for the excellent work they do.”
- You’re offering exceptional managers an opportunity to further their industry knowledge.
- Provide an incredible experience for your produce managers to engage with retail and produce leaders and learn about the newest products at the United Fresh convention.
- Raise the bar within your own company and have your banner recognized as an industry leader.
Nominate A Produce Manager
How To Nominate a Produce Manager
- Submit a nomination form.
- Nominations must be approved by the Retail Produce Director (or designated corporate representative).
Winners are selected by a team of produce marketing experts, based on the following:
- Innovative Merchandising, Special Displays and Sampling Programs;
- Produce-Related Community Service or Outreach;
- Recognition Within Their Company; and,
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction and Promoting Fresh Produce.
- Companies may nominate multiple produce managers.
- Past winners are not eligible.
- Nominees must be employed as a retail produce manager.
- The winning manager must be accompanied to the convention by a corporate produce executive.
The 25 winning Produce Manager AND their Corporate Produce Directors will receive:
- Complimentary roundtrip airfare and registration to United Fresh 2017;
- Two nights of hotel accommodations;
- Commemorative Plaque; and,
- Recognition on stage at the Retail-Foodservice Celebration Dinner.
And, five Grand Prize Winners will receive $1,000!
2016 Award Winners
|Amy Allman||The Kroger Company||Athens, GA|
|Tricia Arceneaux||Frank’s Supermarkets||Golden Meadow, LA|
|Ryan Blancas||Beale AFB Commissary||Marysville, CA|
|Jeffery Bonacquisti||Market 32/Price Chopper||Pittsfield, MA|
|James Corcoran||ShopRite||Carteret, NJ|
|Ted Elliott||Tops Friendly Markets||Warsaw, NY|
|Mark Garcia||The Common Market||Frederick, MD|
|Michael Giberson||Niemann Foods, Inc.||Champaign, IL|
|Dan Hanson||Hy-Vee, Inc.||Mankato, MN|
|James Howard||Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores||Pikeville, KY|
|Denise Kelly||Sobeys||Charlottetown, PEI, Canada|
|Amy Lincoln||Coborn’s||Ramsey, MN|
|Ken Miller||Save Mart||Placerville, CA|
|Brice Mollohan||Harris Teeter Supermarkets||Mathews, NC|
|Jason Norviel||Schnucks Markets||Des Peres, MO|
|Steve Parker||Raley’s Family of Fine Stores||Reno, NV|
|Henry Porter||Vashon Thriftway||Vashon, WA|
|Jennifer Ratkiewicz||Big Y Foods, Inc.||Springfield, MA|
|Lely Reyes||Albertsons Companies||McLean, VA|
|Ronnie Showers||Roundy’s Supermarkets||Sun Prairie, WI|
|Skyler Smith||Marc’s Stores||N. Canton, OH|
|Gary Standing||Loblaw Companies, Ltd.||North Sydney, NS, Canada|
|Lucilo Torres||Northgate González Markets||Long Beach, CA|
|Brett Walker||Brookshire Grocery Company||Pittsburg, TX|
|Keith Zielonka||Food Lion||Morrisville, NC|
Previous Winning Banners2005-2016
Since 2005, nearly 300 produce managers have been honored from more than 90 retail banners. These produce managers represent the BEST of the BEST in our industry.
Albrecht’s Sentry Foods
Altus AFB Commissary
Andronico’s Community Markets
Artega’s Food Center
Beale AFB Commissary
Bel Air Markets
Big Y Foods, Inc.
Bi-Lo Markets, LLC
BKT Sentry Foods
Blue Goose Market
Brookshire Grocery Company
Camp Pendleton Commissary
Chief Supermarket, Inc.
Clemens Family Markets
Colemans Food Centres
The Common Market
Daniel’s Sentry Store
Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores
Food Lion, LLC
Ft. Bragg North Commissary
Ft. Worth NAS Commissary
Hannaford Bros. Company
Harris Teeter Supermarkets
Hugo’s Family Marketplace
King’s Food Markets
The Kroger Company
Lemoore NAS Commissary
Loblaw Companies, Ltd.
Los Angeles AFB Commissary
Luke AFB Commissary
MOM’s Organic Market
New River MCAS Commissary
Niemann Foods Inc.
Nob Hill Foods
Northgate González Markets
Oak Point Fresh Market
Ord Community Commissary
Paul’s Food Pride
Payson Market Place
Quality Food Centers
Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
Ray’s Food Place
River Valley Market
Rueben’s County Market
Smith’s Food & Drug
Sunflower Farmers Market
Super 1 Foods
Tops Friendly Market
Travis Air Force Base Commissary
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Weis Markets, Inc.
For questions about the Retail Produce Manager Awards Program, contact Jeff Oberman, Vice President, Trade Relations, at 831.600.8922.
Special thanks to our program sponsor: