With a growing organic sector in the fresh produce industry and increasing participation throughout the supply chain, United Fresh aims to be at the forefront of organic policy issues that our members face. Recently, there have been policies and regulations that affect our industry, thus United Fresh has created the Organics Working Group as a resource for our industry.
With representation across the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain, the Organics Working Group brings a valuable perspective and level of expertise. The United Fresh Government Relations team, with input from the Organic Working Group, regularly meets and communicates with the Administration, Members of Congress and other stakeholders with regards to organic policy.
Some of the policies that the produce industry is most affected by include:
Organic Policy Resources:
- National Organic Standards Board (NOSB)
- NOSB Current Members
- National Organic Program
- The Organic Insider
- Organics Farm Bill Language
United Fresh Organics Activities
- October 30, 2019 | Jeff Huckaby Testimony
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 29 – May 1, 2020 | NOSB Meeting | Crystal City, VA
- July 8 – 9, 2020 | Organic Produce Summit | Monterey, CA
- September 21 – 23, 2020 | The Washington Conference | Washington, DC
To learn more about Organic Policy, please contact Robert Guenther, Senior Vice President of Public Policy at 202-303-3409.