The Listeria Workshop
The Listeria Workshop will bring together attendees from various food companies, including growers, shippers, packers, retailers, suppliers and food safety consultants in the fresh produce industry. The Workshop itself will feature: general sessions on sanitary design, sanitation best practices and environmental monitoring with breakout sessions, panel discussions, case studies and much more! There will also be a networking reception event on the first night of the event and will feature table top displays from various industry exhibitors!
More workshops will be announced soon. To receive updates on when new courses are announced, complete this form.
Listeria Learning LabAt United Fresh 2018
Protecting Your Supply Chain from Listeria monocytogenes Contamination Risks
Are you a company engaged in the fight against Listeria or looking to expose your company to additional customers? Contact us today to brand yourself as an industry leader with our Listeria Learning Lab!
Arm the food industry with your knowledge, experiences, and innovations at the Listeria Learning Lab. The objective of the Learning Lab is to connect food industry professionals with the tools and techniques that will help them better manage their day-to-day food safety operations, especially when it comes to managing Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria Learning Lab Exhibitors will have the opportunity to engage with convention attendees in a unique, off-the-show-floor experience, featuring hands-on lessons and activities created by your company, enhancing learning opportunities at the 2018 show!
This event will be widely promoted and anyone with a 2018 Expo pass will be invited to attend the Lab complimentary! While you aren’t allowed to eat or drink in most labs, this Lab will include a full reception & bar!
LISTERIA LEARNING LAB CRITERIA:
- Any 2018 *FreshTEC or Global Cold Chain Exhibitor is eligible to receive a complimentary station at the Listeria Learning Lab
- *Exhibitors must create a learning activity for attendees to use in the Lab related to food safety and specifically Listeria (see application pages)
- *Application and activity will be approved by United Fresh staff
- Share thought leadership content during the Listeria Learning Lab for top industry decision makers in food safety
- Create influential and lasting connections with the food industry
- Be recognized as an industry representative helping address food safety needs
- Promote your company’s products and services through an interactive hands-on format
- Limited number of exhibit spaces available – register today for your station!
WHAT YOUR COMPANY WILL RECEIVE:
- A learning station in our Listeria Learning Lab
- Listing in onsite Show Directory
- Company and FreshTEC exhibit space booth information will be provided to all Listeria Learning Lab attendees for follow up visits on the show floor
- Promotional signage with logo
- Press announcement and promotions featuring Listeria Learning Lab companies
Technology and innovation is changing the fresh produce industry and companies like you are helping!
Apply for your Listeria Learning Lab station today or learn more about participating in the Listeria Learning Lab. Please contact Erin Grether email@example.com and Allison Nepveux at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 6, 2018.
*Examples of activities we are looking for include:
- What’s Wrong with These Pictures?
- Using Equipment Design Checklists
- Best Techniques for Swabbing
- How to Clean Effectively
- ROI Calculator: Effective Cost Solutions in Your Plant
- Reportable Food Registry Station Situations
- Best Approaches for Cleaning Tough Spaces
- Listeria Jeopardy
*These are just some examples of what we would like to feature in the Lab. Please feel free to create your own activity to best suit your company or contact us to discuss any ideas you have!
Join the Lab with These Participating Companies:
- Alliance for Advanced Sanitation – Risky Business – Listeria Jeopardy
- Ecolab – Score on Listeria
- Eurofins – Pretend You Are Listeria – Where Would You Hide in a Food Processing Plant?
- Deville Technologies – Meet Deville Equipment
- Four Seasons Produce – Listeria Kahoot!
- Heinzen – I Spy opportunities…How Can I Fix Them?
- Hygienic Design Next Team – Find the LM Sweet Spot
- Packers Sanitation Services Inc. (PSSI) – Seek and Find the Microbes! Swabbing and Detection Methods for Food Plant Microbiological Monitoring
- The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (CFSAN) – Fact or Fiction: FDA’s Draft Guidance on L. monocytogenes
- Sample6 – The Quality Toss Up
- United Fresh and PMA Lm Policy Issue Brief
- United Fresh Lm Guidance Document
- Read the Draft Guide to Handling a Regulatory “Swabathon.” This document was prepared based on the dialogue within round table discussions of the United Fresh Food Safety & Technology Council held January 10, 2017.
- Environmental Monitoring in the Era of Whole-Genome Sequencing, by Dr. Jennifer McEntire.