Leadership Alumni Organization
The program has graduated hundreds of “fellows” who have continued their successful careers in the produce industry. Today’s graduates are executives of major produce businesses, leaders of prominent organizations, and some of the most well-known people in the industry. Many serve on the boards of directors and organizational committees of the nation’s most successful companies.
In 2006, the graduates of the leadership program formed the United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Alumni Organization as an opportunity for program graduates to continue their leadership journeys and give back to the produce community.
Alumni Organization Activities
- Reunion dinners at the annual United Fresh Convention & Expo and The Washington Conference
- Leadership Alumni Newsletter
- Leadership Alumni Education Sessions
- Annual Outstanding Alumnus Award
Meet Your 2020-21 Leadership Alumni Organization Board
- Natalie Shuman, Chairman (Class 18) – Apeel Sciences
- Kristen Reid, Past Chairman (Class 18) – MIXTEC Group
- John Baillie (Class 6) – Jack T. Baillie Co., Inc.
- Helena Beckett (Class 18) – California Giant Berry Farms
- Chris Ciruli (Class 13) – Ciruli Brothers
- Kim Flores (Class 20) – Pro Citrus Network
- Kent Ford (Class 23) – Taylor Farms Tennessee
- Alex Jackson Berkeley (Class 20) – Frieda’s, Inc.
- Melissa Olsen (Class 22) – Freshway Foods
- Leslie Simmons (Class 23) – Dave’s Specialty Imports
- Rob Strube (Class 5) – Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Bryan Tate (Class 16) – IFCO Systems
- Robert Verloop (Class 4) – Coastline Family Farms
Join the Leadership Alumni Organization
All graduates of the United Fresh Leadership Program are eligible to join the Leadership Alumni Organization.
Online membership renewal is now available online for 2020:
- Basic Membership: Basic Membership includes member pricing on Alumni dinners and activities, access to the Leadership Alumni newsletter, and access to the Leadership Alumni directory.
For questions, contact Amanda Griffin, Vice President, Education and Program Management, at 202.303.3412.