Leadership Alumni Organization
The Produce Industry Leadership Program will be accepting application for Class 26 in January 2020. To learn more about the program, or apply, visit our Program page.
The program has graduated hundreds of “fellows” who have continued their successful careers in the produce industry. Today’s graduates are executives of major produce businesses, leaders of prominent organizations, and some of the most well-known people in the industry. Many serve on the boards of directors and organizational committees of the nation’s most successful companies.
In 2006, the graduates of the leadership program formed the United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Alumni Organization as an opportunity for program graduates to continue their leadership journeys and give back to the produce community.
Alumni Organization Activities
- Reunion dinners at the annual United Fresh Convention & Expo and The Washington Conference
- Leadership Alumni Newsletter
- Leadership Alumni Education Sessions
- Annual Outstanding Alumnus Award
Meet your 2018-19 Leadership Alumni Organization Board!
- Kristen Reid, Chairman (Class 18) – MIXTEC Group
- Natalie Shuman, Vice Chair (Class 18) – Apeel Sciences
- Gretchen Kreidler Austin, Past Chairman (Class 16) – SunFed
- Chris Ciruli (Class 13) -Ciruli Brothers
- Allen Davis (Class 20) – Central West Produce
- Kim Flores (Class 20) – Pro Citrus Network
- Kent Ford (Class 23) – Taylor Farms Tennessee
- Alex Jackson Berkeley (Class 20) – Frieda’s, Inc.
- Joe McGuire (Class 11) – Castellini Group of Companies
- Beth Bland Oleson (Class 17) – Georgia Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association
- Melissa Olsen (Class 22) – Freshway Foods
- Bryan Tate (Class 16) – IFCO Systems
- Robert Verloop (Class 4) – Coastline Family Farms
- Jaime Weisinger (Class 3) – Lipman
Join the Leadership Alumni Organization
All graduates of the United Fresh Leadership Program are eligible to join the Leadership Alumni Organization.
Below are the 2 Membership Options for 2019:
- Basic Membership
Basic Membership includes member pricing on Alumni dinners and activities, access to the Leadership Alumni newsletter, and access to the Leadership Alumni directory.
- Pre-Paid “One and Done” Membership
The Pre-Paid “One and Done” Membership allows you to pay upfront for events so you don’t have to worry about that for the year. The membership includes your annual dues (including Basic Membership benefits of member pricing on Alumni dinners and activities, access to the Leadership Alumni newsletter, and access to the Leadership Alumni directory) PLUS pre-paid registration for June Alumni Event in Chicago (1 ticket – $100 member rate) and pre-paid registration for September Alumni Event in Washington, DC (1 ticket – $100 member rate).
For questions, contact Amanda Griffin, Vice President, Education and Program Management, at 202.303.3412.