January 14-16, 2020 | Tucson, AZ
The 2020 FreshStart Conference is the United Fresh Start Foundation’s annual event where attendees from across the fresh produce industry kick off the year working towards a common goal: to increase fresh produce access for kids and families.
Grow your business in a way that does good. Jump-start your year by learning how your business can grow opportunities to serve the next generation of consumers and their families.
This year’s FreshStart Conference includes the Foundation’s annual Gala Dinner and presentation of the United Fresh Lifetime Achievement award; the annual Bids for Kids silent and live auction; the Growing Up Fresh golf tournament, and meetings of all United Fresh volunteer leadership boards, councils and committees.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
|10:30 am – 5:00 pm||Growing Up Fresh Golf Tournament|
|5:00 – 7:00 pm||After Golf Reception|
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
|7:00 am – 5:00 pm||Registration & Silent Auction Open|
|8:00 – 11:30 am||Volunteer Leadership Meetings|
|Noon – 2:00 pm||Lunch General Session|
|2:00 – 5:00 pm||Education Breakouts|
|6:30 – 9:00 pm||Gala Reception, Dinner & Auction|
Thursday, January 16, 2020
|8:00 am – 4:30 pm||Board of Directors Breakfast & Meeting|
|Noon – 1:00 pm||Board of Directors Lunch|
|5:30 – 8:00 pm||Board of Directors Reception & Dinner|
2020 FreshStart Conference Registration
- $295 United Fresh member
- $495 nonmember
Registration includes Wednesday’s Breakfast General Session and Conference, Gala Dinner, and all meetings and meals for volunteer leaders.
The Foundation Fundraising Golf Tournament is an additional $300 fee.
Hotel & Travel
United Fresh has reserved a block of rooms at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tuscon, AZ at the preferred rate of $209. Reservations must be made by December 13, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
We encourage attendees to contact the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort to make reservations or call 1.844.784.6401 and mention the United Fresh block.
Foundation Board of Trustees
- Phil Muir, President & CEO, Muir Copper Canyon Farms (Chairman)
- Tyler Deutsch, SVP, Business Development, Produce Alliance
- Alex DiNovo, President & COO, DNO Produce
- Bil Goldfield, Director, Corporate Communications, Dole Food Company
- Robert Gordon, President/CEO, FreshPoint Inc.
- Lisa McNeece, Vice President, Foodservice and Industrial Sales, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc.
- Lee Anne Oxford, Director of Marketing, L & M Companies
- Susan Reimer-Sifford, Fresh Connect LLC
- Blair Richardson, President & CEO, Potatoes USA
- Nichole Towell, Senior Director of Marketing, Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc.
For more information about the 2020 FreshStart Conference, contact Amanda Griffin, United Fresh Vice President of Education & Programs Management at 202.303.3412.