Wildfire Information & Resources
United Fresh has compiled a list of helpful information, links and resources in responses to the wildfires throughout the state of California. Use this document to find helpful information regarding general wildfire resources, FDA links, publications, etc.
For more information click here.
Consumer Food Safety Resources
United Fresh is a proud member of the Partnership for Food Safety Education, stewards of the “Fight BAC campaign.” Consumers can find food safety information on the four core practices: cook, clean, chill, and separate.
For more information visit: http://www.fightbac.org/
Letter of Support Criteria for Researchers
United Fresh actively supports research relevant to fresh produce. This includes:
- Advocating for research funding (USDA SCRI, block grants, etc.)
- Donating to the Center for Produce Safety and serving as a technical reviewer
- Serving as an industry relevance reviewer for the SCRI
- Connecting United Fresh members with produce safety and quality researchers at United Fresh events and individually
- Participating in advisory groups for funded research projects
- Providing letters of support for research proposals, based on the criteria below
Criteria for a United Fresh letter of support for a research proposal:
- In the spirit of true collaboration and stakeholder input, United Fresh invites active involvement with the research team prior to the request for a letter of support
- Requests must be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the deadline for receipt of a letter
- At a minimum, a 1-page abstract, including objectives, must be included so that United Fresh can evaluate the proposal
- If a proposal is being resubmitted and United Fresh had previously offered a letter of support, the PIs should briefly describe how reviewer feedback was considered in the re-submission
Recall Ready Resources and ServicesPlan. Prepare. Be Recall Ready
The United Fresh Recall Ready Services are an exclusive group of education and training services that leverages the expertise of the food industry’s leading professionals. This program is a partnership between United Fresh and the legal and communications experts at OFW Law and Watson Green, LLC, among the food industry’s leading crisis counseling firms.
The following documents are helpful resources and tips on how to become prepared if a recall is necessary!
- FAQs on E.Coli-Romaine
- Recall Ready Resource Guide
- Is Your Company is Prepared for a Recall?
- Plan. Prepare. Be Recall Ready article from Produce Processing Magazine (November/December 2015).
Safe Food for Canadians Act
To protect Canadian families from potentially unsafe food, the Government of Canada tabled the Safe Food for Canadians Act on June 7, 2012. The Safe Food for Canadians Act, S-11, was adopted by the Senate on October 17, 2012 and passed by the House of Commons on November 20, 2012. On November 22, 2012, it received Royal Assent.
The new Safe Food for Canadians Act consolidates the authorities of the Fish Inspection Act, the Canada Agricultural Products Act, the Meat Inspection Act, and the food provisions of the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act.
For more information click here.
There are a number of tools, videos on YouTube and guidance material to help industry understand the Safe Food for Canadians Regulation, which goes into effect in January 2019.
Please find below a series of fact sheets which have been translated and posted, as these may be helpful in developing your material: