Women in Produce
Congratulations to this year’s honoree, Lorelei DiSogra, Ed.D., R.D., Vice President, Nutrition and Health at United Fresh Produce Association. Prior to her decade of service to the industry at United Fresh, Lorelei was the Director of the National 5 A Day Program at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) from 2001-2005, Vice President of Nutrition at Dole Food Company from 1991-2001, and the Director of Intervention for the California 5 A Day Campaign from 1985-1991.
The Reception Honoring Women in Produce on Wednesday, June 13, is one of the most popular networking events at the United Fresh convention. Tickets are required for the event, and are included in the United Fresh 2017 All Access Package.
Nominate an Outstanding Woman Today!
Nominations are closed for the 2017 Women in Produce Honoree.
2017 Nomination & Review Guidelines
- Nominations are due April 28, 2017.
- Nominations are open to anyone.
- Self-Nominations are welcome.
- Nominators may nominate more than one candidate.
- Nominators are asked to provide a brief overview of the nominee’s professional history and experience in the produce industry. And, nominators should provide, in 200 words or less, a statement on why the nominee is a role model for the produce industry and should be honored.
- Nominators are encouraged to be specific in their submission, as the evaluation of candidates will be based on the information submitted.
- Candidates that receive multiple nominations will be condensed into a single nomination (not to exceed the maximum number of words outlined above) for the review process. Therefore, multiple nominations of the same person do not add to the consideration of the nomination.
- All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a committee of past award recipients based on the following criteria, with the final selection of the 2017 honoree to be made by the Officers of the United Fresh Board.
- Overall involvement in the industry
- Scope of background and contribution to the industry
- Inspiration for others working in the industry
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.303.3412
Past Women in Produce Honorees
Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc
Margaret D’Arrigo , Taylor Farms, Inc.
Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
Joline Godfrey, An Income of her Own
JoAnn Hines, Women in Packaging
Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting
Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
Lisa McNeece Miceli, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet/Greenyard USA
Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
Claire Thornton, The Fresh Approach
For more information, contact Amanda Griffin, Sr. Director of Education & Member Programs, at 202.303.3412.