USDA Produce Inspection Training
- May 22 – 26, 2017 | Fredericksburg, VA (Registration CLOSED)
- September 11 – 15, 2017 | Fredericksburg, VA (Registration Open – Click Here)
The United Fresh Produce Inspection Training Program, in partnership with the USDA-AMS, affords substantive, hands-on instruction from U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) experts to everyone in the produce supply chain.
In just five-days, you’ll return to your business with advanced knowledge in quality standards, inspection grading, and USDA produce procedures and requirements. The program includes a Fundamentals Course* and Commodity Labs.
*Note, the Fundamentals Course is a prerequisite to attending the Commodity Labs.
If you receive, handle, buy, ship or sell produce, you should attend this course.
For more information, contact United Fresh’s Senior Director, Education & Member Programs, Amanda Griffin at 202.303.3412.
Fundamentals of Produce Inspection* (Days 1 & 2)
In this two-day course, you will learn crucial insight, terminology and must-know, practical information required by everyone handling produce.
- Interpretation of Standards and Tolerances
- FV-237 Request Form
- GAP and GHP Overview
Perishable Agriculture Commodities Act (PACA)
General Market Inspection Principles
- Sampling Procedures
- Lot Accessibility
- Equipment Overview
- How to Read the FV-300
- Appeal Procedures & Re-inspections
- Lab Demonstration
Types of Inspections
- Quality and Condition
- Condition Only
- Net Weight and Size
- Digital Imaging
*Prerequisite to Commodity Labs
Commodity Labs (Days 3, 4 & 5)
In this three-day Commodity Lab, you will apply the principles learned in the Fundamentals of Produce Inspection to real product inspections. USDA experts will demonstrate a hands-on examination on a range of commodities.
Commodity Inspections Include Five Standard Commodities:
Additional commodity examinations are customized to the class’ most common requests. Up to 12 commodities are examined.
2017 Course Dates & Pricing
September 11-15, 2017 Full Course (Fundamentals & Labs)
- September 11-12, 2017 Fundamentals of Produce Inspection *
- September 13-15, 2017 Commodity Labs
- Full Course – $1,925 United Fresh Members/$2,325 Non-Members
- Fundamentals of Inspection – $895 United fresh Members/$1,095 Non-Members
- Group Discount – $1,825 United Fresh Members (3+ Registrations for Full Course)/$2,225 Non-Member Group Discount (3+ Registrations for Full Course)
*Attendees must attend the Fundamentals Course as a pre-requisite to the Commodity Labs