Rising Leaders Program
September 18-20, 2017
Success in today’s produce industry business environment is inherently linked to an understanding and ability to navigate the rules and regulations of government. Learn leadership and advocacy skills that will set you apart from your peers. You will go back home with a strong understanding of how you can play a critical role in shaping public policy to build a profitable business environment for the fresh produce industry.
Participants in the Rising Leaders Program must register for the Washington Conference. There is no additional cost to attend the Program.
Powerful Tools for Emerging LeadersWin-Win for You and Your Company
The Rising Leaders Program, held annually at the United Fresh Washington Conference is a robust education program designed for the produce industry’s next leaders who want to become engaged and better understand the impact of public policy and the legislative process as it pertains to their business, the program is a must attend program.
As a Rising Leader you will receive and learn to:
- Discuss critical policy issues that affect the fresh produce industry
- Effectively communicate with members of Congress, business leaders, and industry colleagues
- Shape the future success of your company with public policy
- Navigate the rules and regulations of our government
- Develop a positive professional image that defines you as a leader
- Identify the connection between elections and the future business environment
- Serve as an advocates for your companies and the industry as a whole
Benefit to Employer:
- Effective professional development for staff
- Benefit from an employee more equipped to lead
- Your staff will have the chance to build relationships and network with peers and high-profile leaders in the industry
Need support articulating the value of your attendance to your supervisor? Download the Convince Your Boss letter.
Schedule of EventsRising Leader Program
Monday, September 18
Tuesday, September 19 and Wednesday, September 20
|Full Schedule of Washington Conference Events|
All Rising Leaders will participate in the main Washington Conference activities including Opening Breakfast General Session, Education Sessions, General Session Luncheon and the March on Capitol Hill.
Schedule subject to change.
What Others Are Saying
“My staff that have attended grew with this program, expanded their personal industry network at an accelerated pace and felt a measure of pride to be involved in such a unique experience. Each of them returned grateful and motivated to help move the industry forward.”
– Brian Kocher, Past Chairman, United Fresh Board of Directors
CEO, Castellini Company LLC
“I left the Rising Leaders Seminar feeling empowered to influence change in my industry. This is a must for anyone who wants to get more involved beyond just their day-to-day roles to influence good corporate citizenship and long-term viability of our industry and of their own business.”
– Natalie Erlendson, Program Marketing Manager, Sun World International, LLC
“Attending the rising leader seminar program was not only a unique experience but also an amazing opportunity. One quote from Mark Sanborn (a keynote speaker) that will forever shape my leadership style, ‘Leadership is an invitation to greatness we extend to others.’ I encourage all new rising leaders to attend and for those that are already in leadership roles within their organizations to send others from their companies, as it truly was a priceless experience.”
– Aaron Hunter, Sales and Procurement, Caito Foods Service, Inc.
Shape Public Policy to Build a Profitable Business Environment for the Fresh Produce Industry
For more information on the Rising Leader Program, contact Angela Tiwari, Director of Grassroots and Political Action, at 202.303.3416.